The entire state of Colorado loves its beer, but there might be no better place in the state to enjoy craft beer than Fort Collins. With a wide variety of craft breweries, there’s something for everyone’s tastes and style. Here are five of the top craft breweries in Fort Collins that are definitely worth a visit:
- New Belgium Brewing. Enjoy a tour of the extensive facilities (including the largest wood barrel aging room in the country) and finish it off with a free beer in the taproom. If you prefer to simply enjoy the brew without seeing how it’s made, enjoy a wide variety of flavors, including the famous Flat Tire Ale, and a small menu of food in a cozy and charming environment.
- Equinox Brewing. For a truly local feel, visit Equinox, which only distributes its beer throughout Fort Collins and Northern Colorado. Its products are a mix of traditional flavors made with new methods. The highlight of this brewery is its welcoming beer garden, which features an intimate atmosphere and live music throughout the summer.
- CooperSmith’s Pub and Brewing. Located in the heart of Fort Collins, CooperSmith’s is a full restaurant and brewery, which means there is something for everyone. They offer two dining areas, the Pub where you can enjoy fine food in a friendly atmosphere, or Poolside where you can play games like shuffleboard, darts or of course, pool. Both areas serve a huge selection of handcrafted beer. CooperSmith’s has brewed more than 140 varieties in the last 25 years, so there is always something new and local to try.
- Funkwerks. True to its name, Funkwerks provides guests with a funky and unique atmosphere to enjoy its distinctive spicy creations that are unlike flavors from most other breweries. Funkwerks’ flagship Saison, which is a Belgian-Style Ale, packs enough flavor for the pickiest of craft beer enthusiasts. The brewery is only five years old, but in that time, it has won awards and become a popular spot, especially on the weekends.
- Odell Brewing Company. This place breeds innovation and lets every employee try their hand at brewing their own type of beer, which means there’s always something new to try. Odell is great year round, but especially in the summer when its outdoor space is full of games, food trucks, live music, and of course, great beer.