One of the most satisfying feelings is getting settled into a new home. But after the boxes are unpacked and your belongings are organized, it might hit you that things are a little “blah” and you might be ready for a style refresher. The good news is that beautifying your home doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money. Add a touch of personality to turn your house into a home with these five easy home beautification ideas.
- Deep clean. It isn’t glamorous, but the first step to a beautiful home is to make it a clean home. Take time to deep clean and hit all of those hard-to-reach areas, like behind the couch or under the window. You can also use this as an opportunity to get rid of any clutter or unused items; doing so can make your home seem bigger, brighter, and more beautiful.
- Start with the bedroom. It’s a room where you spend a lot of time, but also a room that your guests won’t often see, so there may be less pressure in beautifying your bedroom. Bedrooms also don’t need much to completely transform the space; in many cases, a fresh bedding set and new headboard can refresh the room and add a dash of your style. Starting with the bedroom also gives you a chance to understand your personal style, which can guide you in beautifying the rest of the home.
- Rearrange furniture. It can be easy to get into a rut with how you arrange your furniture, but bringing in a friend to look at the space with new eyes may open you up to furniture possibilities you hadn’t previously considered. Rearranging furniture can bring in more natural light and showcase new parts of the room that were previously hidden—it’s also a great jumping-off place to adding stylish details to your home.
- Add Color. Nothing changes the look of a home faster than a few pops of color. Colorful artwork, accent pillows, rugs, or accessories can also beautify a space and unite the décor. Adding pops of color around the room can accentuate details of your furniture and give the space a completely different feel without having to replace any major furniture pieces.
- Play with light. Its main purpose is function, but light also has a huge effect in the beauty of a space. Even something as simple as replacing your light bulbs for something brighter or clearer can make a big difference, as can changing the fixture. A new floor lamp or chandelier can be an anchor for a room and unite the style.