As temperatures get cooler in the mornings and pumpkin spice everything makes its way home to your Fort Collins apartment, you are likely looking forward to a season of sweaters, football, and fun fall activities. Fall in Northern Colorado never disappoints from the beautiful colors, flavors, scents, and more. To help you make the most of all that autumn has to offer, here is a basic fall guide to Fort Collins and Northern Colorado.
For Beautiful Fall Colors…
Fall is characterized by the beautiful earth tone colors that replace the vibrant brightness of spring and summer. Throughout Colorado, you will see leaves turn to shades of yellow, orange, and red, creating the perfect background for a picturesque photo.
A favorite pastime for any Coloradoan is taking a drive to see the peak of fall foliage from the end of September through mid-October. Thankfully, Fort Collins is just a short drive away from some of the best places to see fall colors. To capture the warm beauty that appears as leaves change colors, pack a picnic and head to one of these nearby areas with friends, family, or even on your own.
For Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes…
The month of October opens the door for unapologetic amounts of pumpkins, gourds, hay bales, apples, and all the fall goodies found at a farm pumpkin patch. People of any age enjoy picking out the perfect pumpkin, petting some cute farm animals, taking a hayride, drinking apple cider, making their way through a corn maze, and all things to do at the pumpkin patch.
Regardless of where you live in Northern Colorado, there is a pumpkin patch or corn maze close by waiting for families, couples, or groups of friends to make new memories on a timeless tradition. Some of the most popular spots include:
- The Bartels Farm – 3423 E. Douglas Road (CR 54), Fort Collins
- Jack Lantern’s Northern Colorado Corn Maze – 2318 S Co Rd 5, Fort Collins
- Fritzler Farm Park – 20861 Co Rd 33, La Salle
- Osborn Farm – 1230 S. Boise Ave, Loveland
- Harvest Farm – 4240 E. Co Road 66, Wellington
- Tigges Farm – 12404 Co Road 64 ½, Greeley
For Fall Festivals…
The sights, smells, and tastes of fall are all worth celebrating and there’s no better way to do that than to add a fall festival to your calendar. Harvest festivals have been a staple of communities across the world for centuries and modern-day Northern Colorado is no exception. Fort Collins and the surrounding communities are home to a variety of festivals and events for a fall full of fun.
- Tour de Corgi: September 28, 2019 – Whether you have corgi or just love a cute dog in costume, Tour de Corgi in Old Town Fort Collins will not disappoint. Come see hundreds of these precious pups on parade dressed for the season. Costume contest begins at 10:30 and the parade at noon, so don’t miss out on the unique event.
- OktoBREWfest: September 27-28, 2019 – Downtown Greeley celebrates fall with fun tradition with a variety of local craft beer, bratwursts and other food vendors, games, activities for children and more. Whether you compete in a pie-eating or stein lifting contest or simply want a fun fall thing to do this weekend, OktoBREWfest 2019 is a great choice for both children and adults.
- Elk Fest: September 28-29, 2019 – Kick of “Elktober” in Estes Park and celebrate the beauty and wildlife of Colorado. Elk Fest offers a variety of activities, educational opportunities, kids games, Native American storytelling and music, live entertainment, food vendors, and a beer garden.
- Taste In Timnath Fall Festival: September 28, 2019 – Celebrate the beginning of fall at Old Town Timnath. In addition to food and beverage tasting stations, there will be a wide variety of free kid’s activities, live music, and the Scarecrow 5K Fun Run. All proceeds benefit The Food Bank For Larimer County, making it a great way to give back and enjoy a beautiful fall day with the family.
For a Spooky Halloween…
Whether you like just a touch of spooky or a full on frightening good time, Northern Colorado has plenty of Halloween fun for any ghost or goblin. More than a good excuse for a bigger candy stash, Halloween festivities give people of all ages the perfect opportunity to dress up in their favorite costume and just have a good time outside of their Fort Collins apartment. In addition to pumpkin patches and corn mazes, some of the most popular Halloween activities are: