The Loveland Fire and Ice Festival is an award-winning annual event that uniquely celebrates Valentine’s Day in the Sweetheart City. A FREE family-friendly event, Loveland’s Fire and Ice Festival brings the community together to celebrate love, life, and the arts. Running from February 9th through February 11th, the Fire and Ice Festival takes place in Historic Downtown Loveland and offers memorable attractions for the whole family. Featuring a combination of fire, ice, music, and fun, the Festival creates an engaging and unforgettable experience. Inspired by Disneyland’s Main Street USA light and fireworks show, Loveland’s Fire and Ice Festival is the largest Valentine’s Day celebration in the nation and promises to deliver an unforgettable experience for people of all ages. In 2017, the Festival brought over 40,000 guests and hopes to see even more people this year. With attractions including fire sculptures, ice sculpting, fireworks, live music, and a mini winter carnival, the 2018 Fire & Ice Festival is sure to be a special event for all.
Loveland’s Fire and Ice Festival takes place over Valentine’s Day weekend every year. This year the festival takes place February 9th – 11th. Festival Hours:
- Friday, February 9, 2018: 5 PM to 10 PM
- Saturday, February 10, 2018: 10 AM to 10 PM
- Sunday, February 11, 2018: 10 AM to 8 PM
- Friday, February 9, 2018: 9 PM
- Saturday, February 10, 2018: 9 PM
- Sunday, February 11, 2018: 7 PM
Brewing & Distilling Schedule:
- Friday, February 9, 2018: 5 PM to 9 PM
- Saturday, February 10, 2018: 12 PM to 9 PM
- Sunday, February 11, 2018: 12 PM to 5 PM
Loveland’s Fire and Ice Festival offers a variety of family-friendly attractions and experiences aimed at showcasing the arts along with providing fun activities for people of all ages to participate in. Also, there will be food and drinks available for purchase from many local food trucks, breweries, distilleries and wineries. Among the list of scheduled attractions you will find:
- The Loveland Fire and Ice Festival’s Signature Fireworks and Musical Light Show (Friday and Saturday at 9 PM. Sunday at 7 PM)
- Fire Sculptures: Incredible, larger-than-life sculptures designed and built by talented artists are set ablaze and light up the streets.
- Ice Sculpting: Watch as blocks of ice are transformed before your eyes. Along 4th Street, world-renowned artists create magical works of art that are then lit up with festive lights once the sun goes down.
- Family Fair: Between North Lincoln Avenue and North Jefferson Avenue (still on 4th Street), you will find a mini winter carnival with fun for the whole family. The Family Fair features horse-drawn carriage rides, a train, a one-of-a-kind 3D ride, Loveland Laser Tag, and more.
- Music: With multiple performance stages, the Festival showcases the musical talents of many local artists and performers. The Main Stage is found on the west side of 4th Street between Railroad Avenue and North Railroad Avenue. Three smaller stages are found going east on 4th Street, providing for more live performances.
- Marketplace & Exhibitors: Local artisans, shops and businesses exhibit their unique art, goods and merchandise for guests to enjoy and purchase.
- Our Heroes Vehicle Showcase: The Festival makes it a priority to showcase and celebrate local first responders who embody the art of serving others. Vintage fire trucks, ambulances, police and military vehicles are showcased to pay tribute to those local heroes.
- Meet And Greets: Fun characters and local mascots are also around for pictures and fun.
Food And Drink:
- Food Trucks: Many local food trucks are available to provide guests with a wide variety of flavors and delicious options for purchase. The main Food Truck Court is found on the north side of West 4th Street between Railroad Avenue and North Railroad Avenue (near the Main Music Stage). Guests will also find other smaller food and drink stations along 4th There are even hot chocolate and s’more stations.
- Brewing & Distilling: A number of local breweries, distilleries and wineries will feature some of their unique flavors and crafts. Tokens will be available for purchase in the Brewing & Distilling Arts Tasting Tent located across from the Food Truck Court on the north side of West 4th Street between Railroad Avenue and North Railroad Avenue. Guests 21 years and older will be required to present a valid ID to purchase tokens and receive a yellow wristband in order to enter the tent. Tokens can be purchased for $10 for a “Half Tour” or $20 for a “Full Tour” and will allow guests to choose from multiple options including beer, wine, sangria, and moonshines.
Location And Parking:
The Festival takes place in Historic Downtown Loveland with the majority of the attractions along 4th Street between North Garfield Avenue and North Jefferson Avenue (Google Map). Important to note: Parking in Downtown Loveland is free but limited and available on a first come, first serve basis along multiple city blocks. The City Of Loveland asks that guests do not park on private property without permission and are careful to not block driveways, alleyways, or other right of ways.
For more information about the Loveland Fire and Ice Festival, visit their website at https://lovelandfireandice.com. You can also download the official Loveland Fire & Ice Festival App on your mobile device for up-to-the-minute schedules and help in finding your way around.