Have you considered moving to Greeley, Colorado?
If you’re unfamiliar with the city of Greeley, it’s located 50 miles north and slightly east of Denver. It has a long, rich history of culture and agriculture boasting more than 40 parks, open spaces, and recreational facilities. Greeley is also the home to the University of Northern Colorado and Aims Community College. An integral part of the Front Range Corridor, Greeley, sitting at 4,658 feet above sea level, is approximately 30 square miles with an estimated population of just under 100,000 residents. The city also boasts the Greeley Green program, which seeks to increase sustainability and operates a 3-acre solar array that generates an average of 796,350-kilowatt hours of electricity per year, resulting in a reduction of 745 tons of carbon dioxide annually.
Not only is Greeley the county seat for Weld County, it is also sister-city to Moriya, Japan, and invites 18 students to experience Greeley for one week each year. The neighborhoods are as beautiful as they are diverse, with an array of activities and restaurants to keep you entertained year-round. Love art? There are over 100 pieces of public art scattered all over the city. Like to golf? There are 2 courses, plus one Frisbee golf course. History enthusiasts will love the 4 museums, and cooks and gardeners will love the university and downtown farmer’s markets. There’s also more than 20 miles of trail on the Poudre River Corridor.
If you are moving to Greeley or want to get familiar with the area, check out a few of our favorite places in Greeley:
Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife – www.greeleymenus.com
- Greeley Chop House – a classic steakhouse with a warm 1930s style. Open 5pm to 9:30pm Sunday – Thursday, and 5-10pm Friday and Saturday. 804 8th Street. greeleychophouse.com
- Café Panache – a cozy French bistro specializing in pastries and French classics. Opens at 10am daily. 821 10th Street. www.cafepanache.co
- Stuft: A Burger Bar – design your own burgers in a sports bar setting. Opens at 11am daily. 819 9th Street. www.stuftburgerbar.com
- Rumi’s House of Kabob – Middle Eastern Food. Open 11am to 2pm and 5-9pm Monday – Friday, and 5-9pm Saturday. 1116 9th Street. rumishouseofkabob.com
- Taqueria Los Comales – Latin American Food. Open 9am to 9pm every day. 505 14th Avenue.
- Brix Taphouse & Brewery – Tapas and 60 Craft Brews on tap. Opens at 2pm Monday – Friday, noon on Saturday, 10am on Sunday. 813 8th Street. www.brixtaphouseandbrewery.com
- 1908 Speakeasy – Bar. Open 5pm to 10 pm Sunday – Thursday, and 5pm to 12am Friday – Saturday. 801 9th Street. www.1908speakeasy.com
- Mad Cow Saloon – Opens 11am Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday. 800 9th Street.
- JB’s Drive In – Classic American fast food in a traditional, drive-in setting. Open 10am to 11pm Tuesday – Sunday. Closed Monday. Hours may also vary by season. 2501 8th Avenue. jbsdrivein.com
- Fonta’s Pizza – Greek food and pizza. Open 10:30am to 9:30pm Tuesday – Saturday, and 4-9pm Sunday. Closed Monday. 2400 8th Avenue. fontaspizza.com
- Rancho Alegre – Mexican restaurant. Open 9am to 8pm Monday – Thursday, 8am to 9pm Friday – Saturday, and 8am to 8pm Sunday. 2729 8th Avenue.
- Cattlemen’s Steakhouse – classic steakhouse. Open 4:30pm to 10pm daily. 2300 W 11th St Road. http://www.cattlemensgreeley.com/
- Paragon Family Restaurant – American restaurant. Open 5:30am to 2:30pm Monday – Thursday, and 6am to 2:30pm Saturday – Sunday. 2725 W 10th Street
- Coyote’s Southwestern Grill – Southwestern fare in a cantina-style restaurant. Opens 11am daily. 5250 W 9th St Drive.coyotesgreeley.com
- Bulldog Deli & Pizza – Sandwiches and pizza. Open 10:30am to 8pm daily. 1815 65th Avenue. www.bulldogdeligreeley.com
- Lucky Fins Seafood Grill – Seafood and Sushi. Opens at 11am Daily. 4530 Centerplace Drive.luckyfinsgrill.com
Museums – greeleymuseums.com
- Centennial Village Museum, 1475 A Street, Greeley, CO 80631
- Greeley History Museum, 714 8th Street, Greeley, CO 80631
- Meeker Home Museum, 1324 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
- White-Plumb Farm Learning Center, 955 39th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80634
- Colorado Model Railroad Museum, 680 10th Street Greeley, CO 80631
- Highland Hills Golf Course – Open 6am to 8pm daily. 2200 Clubhouse Drive
- Boomerang Links – Open 6am to 8pm daily. 7309 W 4th Street
- Greeley Country Club – Open 7am to 10pm Tuesday – Sunday, 12pm to 8pm Monday. 4500 W 10th Street. greeleycc.org
Other Interesting Places
- Island Grove Regional Park – host to many activities year-round, including the Greeley Stampede. Island Grove Website
- Greeley Department of Culture, Parks, and Recreation – Hosting culturally rich events for all ages year-round and city-wide. Greeley Parks and Recreation
We’re happy you’re moving to the high plains of Colorado to a city as diverse and active as Greeley is. We hope you enjoy your time here.