Fort Collins is one of the fastest-growing cities in Colorado, and for good reason—people love it here! No matter your interests or lifestyle, there’s a myriad of activities and things to do.
Here are six fantastic things to do in Fort Collins:
- The most stunning attractions in Fort Collins are the mountains along the Front Range. From downtown, you’re just a short drive away from some of the best hikes in the state, including trails along the Poudre River and throughout the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space. There are routes for hikers of all levels, but no matter where you go, the views are always spectacular.
- Play as a family. Fort Collins prides itself on being a welcoming place for everyone, especially families. The city maintains many beautiful parks and playgrounds, including Lee Martinez Park with a barnyard, plus a striking pool and ice center. The Fort Collins Museum of Discovery has something for kids of all ages, or you can get out and enjoy the many mini-golf courses, fun centers, and bowling alleys.
- No matter what you’re shopping for, you can find it in Fort Collins. The city has Northern Colorado’s largest shopping center, Front Range Village, plus the recently renovated Foothills Mall. There are also antique malls and specialty stores throughout the city, especially in the downtown area, making for a pleasant and fun shopping experience.
- Eat and drink. Colorado is known for being a great beer state, and Fort Collins is no exception. The city is home to New Belgium Brewing Company, the third-largest craft brewery in the country, as well as many other small breweries that all over tours and tastings. Cuisines from around the world are featured at restaurants around town, ranging from Italian to Afghani to home-style Colorado mountain food.
- Explore outside. One of the most popular things to do in Fort Collins is raft or tube along the Poudre River and enjoy thrilling rapids or tranquil currents. There are also great biking trails throughout the city, both paved and unpaved, as well as biking tours of popular areas. In such an adventurous area, there are always groups of bikers, runners, and adventurers meeting up to explore.
- See the arts. No matter your taste in art, there’s something for you in Fort Collins. The Fort Collins Symphony plays shows in the stunning Lincoln Performing Center and is one of the largest performing groups in the state. There are also museums like the Fort Collins Museum of Art and the Community Creative Center, as well as smaller galleries that showcase talented local artists.